Sunday 6 April 2014

Happiness comes before success

It’s hard to believe this chapter has come to a close. As I said before, it’s a bittersweet ending. I feel an amazing sense of accomplishment but with a tinge of melancholy….now what will I do…what challenge….what goal….?


I'm the 3rd one, the tallest in the blue with the smallest bikini...hahahaha




I wanted to give it my best, not expecting to get a place. I came 4th out of about 12 girls. Several times I had to look down at my number (pinned down near my right hip), doubting that the presenter called me number. Perhaps I was hearing things?  I’m extremely grateful and appreciative for the support of my family and friends who attended on the night. Their cheers totally lifted my confidence.

Some studies have suggested that once we achieve something, we immediately move our attention to the next goal, which will apparently deliver us with happiness upon achieving it. However, rather than feeling suspended from one limbo goal to the next, the key to a happy and satisfied life is to remember this notion: ‘Happiness comes before success’, namely success follows happiness.
If we are happy, we live with greater perspective, calmness, confidence and resilience. These attributes allow us to be in a better position to succeed in life.


So what’s holding you back from allowing yourself to be happy?




No comments:

Post a Comment