Saturday 12 April 2014

Check in, your health is priority one

So what now…..

The competition finished 2 weeks ago. With a little break, have now started to incorporate the things I couldn’t include over the last 3 months. My weight has increased between 1-1.5 kg, depending on the time of day, so that’s all fine.
Pre-comp photoshoot
Two weeks before my fitness competition, I did a fitness photoshoot at ASP. I want to thank a few people who helped put this together.

Paul Danyluk Photography. Thank you for your creativity and ideas! (And willingness to jump over tyres, climb under benches haha, to get the great shots). https://www.facebook.com/PaulDanylukPhotography
Nicole K Make Up. You understood exactly the look I was after, very skilful and reliable. You made me feel at ease throughout the photoshoot and also the day of the fitness competition! Thank you so much Nicole, for the trial make-up sessions at my house. I would highly recommend your services and definitely contact you again for further make up! https://www.facebook.com/nicolekmakeupartist 0438 051 513
Katy from Foxy Studios, Prahran for the spray tan! Katy used a blue-based Techno spray tan, which suited my skin tones and colourings perfectly! This tan actually smelt good too! https://www.facebook.com/foxystudioprahran?ref=br_tf
My partner Leonardo  for assisting Paul throughout the afternoon. J Obrigada x

Post comp, hmmm…..so what now…..

Time to check in with yourself and make sure your health is priority one
Our lives are so busy and there are always a million and one things to do (visit relatives, clean out the garage, ironing, paint the spare room, mow the lawns, take the kids to soccer…..etc etc etc). It can be all too easy to make excuses when it comes to your own health and fitness. However that time is something you owe to yourself, you deserve it and it’s your own little sanctuary. How can you be a good role model and look after others, if you cannot look after yourself?

I need you, do you knead me?

I really missed my yoga classes. I think I’m overdosing by hitting hot yoga twice a day over the past few days (@ Hotbox). I miss the spiritual guidance and of course the deep stretching aspects. I also went back to my ‘box’ (Crossfit studio) in North Carlton and achieved a personal best for double-under skips yesterday. It

felt great to re-connect with like-minded, health conscious yogis and crossfitters. However I also love boxing, muay thai and weight training and attend various other gyms.

Find a sport, activities, hobbies that you are passionate about. Don’t feel restricted or suffocated by the idea of having to stick with one personal trainer or one sport; or feeling like you need to perform the same sequence of exercises at the same time, on the same days, at the same place. Participate in a variety of exercises because you love and value it; enjoy it; feel a connection with it. Also, understand your body, how it works and how you can manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment